English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for our upcoming programs.
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Grow and develop your own confidence by becoming a leader to a group of young people
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure will be running a number of small-scale camps between October through June. After we have our large scale Summer Camp programs that run from Mid July through Late August.
Depending on the season, you can work with campers on many different camp activities. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer. During training you will learn what makes EA camps so memorable, behavioural management techniques, leadership skills and tons of songs and games as well as first aid and CPR training.
We have a variety of positions available for our upcoming camps, please check out our application page (Click "Apply Today!" under Navigation).
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check the dates below.
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
- A very confident high-level skiing ability and willingness to learn ski instructing techniques (for ski camps)
- For domestic applicants, a visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders and special permission for Instructor visa holders)
English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Ski instructor experience and/or certification (for ski camps)
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Outdoor skills (climbing, rafting, hiking, camping, etc.)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
Summer Camp 2023 Schedule
- July 15-18: Mandatory Onsite Training (departure from Tokyo/Osaka/Nagoya to the campsite on July 15 evening)
- Camp Sessions:
- July 22-August 23: Camp (We will be running 8 sessions of 5-day camps throughout this period and will have a special 9th session August 24-26)
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
- *For Overseas staff*
- *For Domestic staff*
Overseas candidates are welcome to apply to our camp. We will have a limited number of spots available for staff who do not live in Japan and can volunteer to work with us.
If you hold a visa that requires special separate permission to work from Immigration (Instructor visa, Student visa and Dependent visa), please understand that you should obtain that before applying. To help protect our campers and other staff we may prioritise staffing for positions with high rates of interaction with campers for people who have already been vaccinated.
You really like English Adventure but cannot find a camp that matches your schedule so far? No problem! We have camps all year round, so apply for our General Application and we will reach out to you when we have a right camp for you!
Want to know more?
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions!
Are you also interested in helping marginalised youth in Japan? Check out our sister organization, Mirai No Mori for more details.