English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for our upcoming summer program.
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Grow and develop your own confidence by becoming a leader to a group of young people
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure will be running a number of small-scale camps between October through June. After we have our large scale Summer Camp programs that run from July through September.
Depending on the season, you can work with campers on many different camp activities. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
If you are interested in joining our internship program, please submit an application for the position you think will suit you best and mention that you would like to be part of internship program in your statement of purpose.
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer.
WINTER CAMP 2020!!
We have a variety of positions available for winter camp, please check out our application page.
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check job descriptions for further details.
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Outdoor skills (climbing, rafting, hiking, camping, etc.)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
Winter Camp 2020 Schedule
- Mandatory training for ALL staff: December 19-22 (departure from Tokyo on December 18th evening)
- Camp Sessions
- Session 1: December 26-December 29/30 (depending on the assignment)
- Session 2: January 3-January 6
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
- - For Overseas staff:
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, please only apply if you are currently in Japan or are able to arrive at least 14 days before training to self-quarantine. We will decide based on the travel restrictions in place in October whether we can have overseas staff at our winter camps. If you are here on a tourist visa, we have a number of volunteer positions at camp. We look forward to having overseas staff join us again in camps to come.
- - For Domestic staff:
- Please only apply if you are currently in Japan or are able to arrive at least 14 days before training to self quarantine. You may also apply if you are not a Japanese national and have a valid visa for working in Japan. If you hold a visa that requires special separate permission to work from Immigration (Instructor visa, Student visa and Dependent visa), please understand that you should obtain that before applying.
- You really like English Adventure but cannot find a camp that matches your schedule so far? No problem! We have camps all year round, so apply for our General Application and we will reach out to you when we have a right camp for you!
Want to know more?
Are you also interested in helping marginalized youth in Japan? Check out our sister organization, Mirai No Mori for more details.