English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for Winter Ski Camp!
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Inspire young students with your enthusiasm and love of the outdoors and English
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure will be running a number of small-scale camps between October through December. After we have our large scale Summer Camp programs that run from July through September.
Depending on the season, you can work with campers on many different camp activities. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer.
WINTER SKI CAMP
This is a hybrid position, in which you will be a Ski instructor to a group of seven to ten kids during the day and a Room Leader the remaining time. Outside of our ski activities, you will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable. You may lead campers who speak near-native English, or who are still learning English. For all campers, the ski camp is a chance to practice and improve their skiing abilities as well as their English with your help.
Camp is hard work! We support the campers from morning until night, but you'll have support staff around you, and some good breaks to make sure that you stay energized and are having fun too.
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality.
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all camp and training days for our October Camp
- Native, or highly fluent, English speaker
- A very confident high-level skiing ability and willingness to learn ski instructing techniques
- Serious dedication to helping kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Ski instructor experience and/or certification
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
Winter Ski Camp 2018
- December 22-24: Training (need to arrive to the campsite in Tsunan by Dec 21st, to Japan by Dec 20th)
- December 26-29: Session 1
- January 3-6: Session 2
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
Renumeration: 15,000 yen per camp day (7,500 yen per training day). We also offer Overseas Volunteer Package, contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reimbursement of transportation expenses from Tokyo to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan).
Please visit our website to learn more and to apply: https://englishadventure.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Want to know more?
Are you also interested in helping marganilized youth in Japan? Check out our sister organization, Mirai No Mori for more details.