A Summer of a Lifetime with English Adventure
- Spend the summer on a beautiful mountain in Niigata Japan
- See a side of Japan and experience a level of cultural immersion that few visitors ever do
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Use your unique skills and enthusiasm for the outdoors to inspire young campers
This is a hybrid position, in which you will provide both camp counseling and general team leading for our residential campers. You'll lead a team of a total six to twelve campers over four or five five-day sessions of camp. Outside of our daily camp activities, you will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable. You may lead campers who speak near-native English (immersion program), or who are still learning English (challenge plus program). For all campers, the camp and other activities are a chance to practice and improve their English with your help.
Camp is hard work! We support the campers from morning until night, but you'll have support staff around you, and some good breaks to make sure that you stay energized and are having fun too.
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality.
- Age 18 or older
- Experience working at a nature or summer camp
- Available for all training and camp dates (schedule below)
- Native, or highly fluent, English speaker
English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Conversational Japanese ability
- Current CPR / First Aid certification
- Previous ESL experience (highly preferred for Challenge plus program applicants)
- Teaching or leadership experience
Arrival in Japan
- Must arrive in Tokyo by July 12
- July 14-19 (tentative)
- July 22-August 27
- Accommodation in Tokyo will be provided on the last night of camp (August 23rd or August 27th, depending on assignment), if desired.
Camp Volunteers coming from overseas will be considered volunteers, and you will not be paid a salary for your time at camp. However, English Adventure will provide the following to support your time in Japan:
- Reimbursement of airfare to and from Japan (to a maximum of 110,000 JPY). For more details, please see the FAQ.
- Lodging in Tokyo or the campsite for all dates in between camp sessions, if desired
- Lodging at our campsite for all working days of camp
- All meals during training and camp sessions
- Round trip train or bus between Narita or Haneda airport and central Tokyo(means of transportation are decided by English Adventure)
You will be responsible for the following:
- Travel insurance (mandatory for all overseas staff).
- Any travel and living costs outside those listed above
Before applying, make sure you have read the information in our FAQ, located here. Once you've done so, click on the appropriate link below.
Want to know more?
We are looking forward to learning more about why you would make a great addition to the English Adventure team. Apply today!