Spend a summer interning with English Adventure!
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Gain skills outside of the university classroom
- Grow and develop your own confidence by becoming a leader to a group of young people
About our Internships
One of English Adventure's greatest passions is education. Whether it is providing learning to our campers or to staff, learning and personal growth is one of the most important aspects of our camps.
English Adventure has now set out to provide an opportunity for university students to gain practical life skills by participating in one of our summer internship programs.
During our internship program, you can expect to be leading a team of children of ages 6-14, guiding them through various camp activities such as kayaking, hiking, arts and crafts as well as mealtimes and bath times. This opportunity is one of a kind! Your job will be mostly in English and you will be working with many different people from around the world!
This is a paid internship. All interns will be expected to complete weekly journals as well as an exit report and interview which will be conducted in Tokyo. If an intern is successful then they will be invited back as a regular camp staff for future EA camps and provided with a written letter of recommendation for any future jobs they wish to apply for.
Skills you can learn with EA
By participating in EA's internship program you can expect to gain the skills below
- Child Group Management
- Helping children learn in an outdoor setting
- Behavioural Management
- Time Management
- Working in a global environment
- Cultural understanding
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
Summer Camp 2020
- Mandatory training: July 15-19(tentative, departure from Tokyo on July 14th afternoon, overseas team leaders need to arrive to Japan by July 13th)
- Session 1: July 22-26
- Session 3: July 30-Aug 3
- Session 5: Aug 7-11
- Session 7: Aug 15-19
- Session 9: Aug 23-27 All even sessions team:
- session 2: July 26-30
- session 4: Aug 3-7
- session 6: Aug 11-15
- session 8: Aug 19-23
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
All staff (including internship students):
For your internship, you will be assigned to either all odd sessions or all even sessions.
All odd sessions team:
Basic qualifications to apply
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check job descriptions for further details.
- Current university student at a Japanese university
- Be fluent or native in English
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
- Open-minded to working in an international environment
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Outdoor skills (climbing, rafting, hiking, camping, etc.)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure's Summer Camp is one of the largest youth camps in Japan. At this camp, you will have the chance to not only spend most of the summer outdoors but also gain valuable hands-on skills that will be needed in today's global world.
At our camp, there are many activities that you can do with the kids. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
How to apply
To apply for our internship program, please click on the Apply Today link in the navigation page.