English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for our upcoming summer program.
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world
- Grow and develop your own confidence by becoming a leader to a group of young people
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check job descriptions for further details.
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Outdoor skills (climbing, rafting, hiking, camping, etc.)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure will be running a number of small-scale camps between October through December. After we have our large scale Summer Camp programs that run from July through September.
Depending on the season, you can work with campers on many different camp activities. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
Summer Camp 2018
- July 14-18: Training
- July 21-25: Session 1
- July 25-29: Session 2
- July 29-August 2: Session 3
- August 2-6: Session 4
- August 6-10: Session 5
- August 10-14: Session 6
- August 14-18: Session 7
- August 18-22: Session 8
- August 22-26: Session 9
- August 26-30: Session 10
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer.
Want to know more?
Are you also interested in helping marganilized youth in Japan? Check out our sister organization, Mirai No Mori for more details.